- 30, 60, and 90 minute therapeutic massage sessions
- Reiki Treatments
- Geriatric Massage
- Hot stone massage (New!)
- Face, hand and foot massage
- Massage for seniors, their families and caregivers
- Services available at your residence or in my Ithaca office
Suzanne Kates, LMT
Suzanne believes that aging is a vital stage of life and wants to
honor and give loving care and support to elders, from the robust
"baby boomer" to those who have become more frail. To learn more,
see these articles published in
Suzanne is a New
York State Licensed Massage Therapist, a graduate of the Finger Lakes
School of Massage, is attuned in Usui Reiki, and is certified in
geriatric massage by the Day-Break Geriatric Massage Institute.
Massage and Reiki can add more life to your years! To arrange your
appointment call (607) 342-3892 or send a message here.
- Inside the Dementia Epidemic: A Daughter's Memoir by Martha Stettinius. Lessons learned over seven years from caregiving at home, in assisted living, a rehabilitation center, a "memory care" facility for people living with dementia, and a nursing home, beautifully told.
- The Eden Alternative, a small not-for-profit organization making a big difference in the world, based on the core belief that aging should be a continued stage of development and growth rather than a period of decline.
- From the Heart Through the Hands, by Dawn Nelson. An evolution of the work Dawn began in 1991, creating a unique modality
called Compassionate Touch for Those in Later Life Stages™. This modality,
which Suzanne has learned from her,
has proven especially effective as an adjunct therapy in Alzheimer's and dementia care, hospice care and in nursing home settings.